February 3, 2011

Sanity Savers....New Products from CTP

Today, I remembered why I live in Texas.  I don't like cold weather!
It has been cold and icy all week. Cabin fever set in on the third snow day.  A sheet of ice covers everything and more snow is forecasted for tonight.  Looks like there will be no school again tomorrow. This afternoon I decided to venture out into the cold.  I got my boots, gloves, hat, and coat from the very back of my closet.  I was ready!  I opened the garage to find a 3-foot ice sculpture had formed from a downspout to the driveway directly behind my car.  There was no moving it....maybe it will thaw by May. I went back inside the house and put all my snow clothes in the very back of my closet. See you in May!

I saw this on Facebook this morning!

Tomorrow is the fourth day.  Don't expect too much from me!


Actually, I did have a few Sanity Savers.  The new product samples from CTP came last week. 
I sat down with scissors and glue
to see what I could do! 
(Oh, dear! I am starting to rhyme.)

 
This is the new bulletin board called Dress for the Weather.  This would be perfect for morning circle time.  You could record the weather using the spinner and then dress the kid appropriately.
He has quite a wardrobe. Look at all the pieces. 

Close this window



This is what I did with it. 
The backboard is magnetic. 
I put magnets on the back of each piece of clothing. 
The dress-up kid is taped securely in place. 

This would be great for a center.  Kate was visiting when I as working on this. She spent at least an hour dressing and re-dressing the kid. 
I added a laminated speech bubble.  You could write different messages from the kid with a dry-erase pen.  Since the piece is laminated you could erase and change the message.



Here is another new bulletin board called Happy Helpers.  This cute helpers chart features monkeys and bananas. 






It is great for tracking your helpers.
But.... 
I always try to look for a different way of using things.  This bulletin board screamed Chicka Chicka to me. 

This again is a magnet board. The chocolate stitch letters have magnets on their backs.  This was another favorite with Kate.  She moved the letters around as she read the book.  Then, she made words with some of the letters.




This bulletin board looks really good with the hot-pink paper for the background. If you use paper on top of your magnet board but sure to use strong magnets so that the magnets work through all the layers of paper.  I used craft magnets attached with glue-dots.


Thanks to CTP for sending me what is new.
With scissors and glue I now have plenty to do!




1 comment:

  1. I love this little weather guy. I posted about him on my blog When the new products came out.

    Ms. M
    www.msk1ell.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete