June 30, 2011

I LOVE library pockets

 This is the last time I am posting about library pockets but these are great ideas from Venessa in Plano, TX.  I am posting her blog address because she has pictures and "make and take" directions for each project.


I LOVE library pockets! Here are some of the ways I use them in my classroom:


"Had a turn need a turn": You can see a picture (look behind the yellow chair) of how I select my "Leader of the Day" using library pockets
http://www.pre-kpages.com/classroom-helper-chart/



I use library pockets at the bottom of my word wall to collect "old" words, thematic vocab words, or environmental print. This way the children still have access to them in case they need them for writing workshop.
http://www.pre-kpages.com/classlibrary
(first picture at top and again towards bottom of page)


I also have a name chart created using library pockets, you can see a picture and read a description here
http://www.pre-kpages.com/name-chart/



Thanks Vanessa and all of you who sent in such good ideas. 

I am leaving on Saturday for an Alaskan cruise with our entire family....
husband, kids, and grandkids. I hope the boat is ready for us! 

I looked at the weather forecast this morning.  On Saturday when we leave, it will be 101 degrees in Texas.  When we board the ship in Seattle it will be 71 degrees. 
A 30 degree temperature drop....I am ready for some of that!

I think it is supposed to rain for several days, but I don't even care. At least it will be cooler.

While I am gone be thinking about special books that you have made with you classes in the past.  Do you have a favorite to share? 

It says...Snowflakes are one of nature's most fragile things
but just look what they can do
when they stick together.

I have a bunch!!!
But, I will share another with you next time.

Be Back Soon......

1 comment:

  1. I hope you had a good time on your cruise! Thanks for sharing my ideas :) My favorite class books can be found here: http://www.pre-kpages.com/classbooks/

    Vanessa @pre-kpages.com

    ReplyDelete